The Digital Repository project of the Jane Bancroft Cook Library was designed to create a digital library of locally produced materials for use by the broader scholarly community. The project goal is to build an electronic platform for depositing, accessing and archiving institutionally produced materials. These materials include archival materials, teaching objects, research papers and articles, and data in the form of digital text documents, images, sound recordings, and other digital assets created by members of the New College community through their research and teaching. These materials will represent the intellectual and cultural output of Florida's public honors college.
The first collection loaded into the NCF Digital Collections was the New College Student Theses Collection from a legacy system. From 1967 through 2008, students only turned in print theses, which the library has bound and houses in a dedicated area. From 2009 on, students are also required to submit an electronic thesis in PDF format in addition to the print version. These digital objects are loaded into the repository. From 1967-2008, the thesis database only contains citation information. From 2009 to present, it also includes the electronic PDF theses.
From 2021 to present, it also includes the Senior Projects Collection.
OPEN@NCF is the College's repository, providing unfettered access to the research produced by New College faculty, staff, and students.
In addition to the thesis collection, the NCF Digital Collections also collects materials from the library's archives including:
- Student Publications
- Commencement Programs and Addresses
- Student Handbooks
- Student Catalogs (i.e. Facebooks)
- Alumnae/I Association Publications
- Collection Hierarchy
- Archives Collections
- Alumnae/i Association Collection
- Architecture Collections
- Environmental Studies Program Collection
- Fine Arts Institute Collection, 1964-1970
- History of New College Collection
- Library Records Collection
- Medieval and Renaissance Studies Conference Collection
- New College Student Association Archives
- Office of Public Affairs Collection
- Office of the President Collection
- Office of the Registrar Collection
- Schoenberg Manuscript Collection
- Special Formats Collection
- Student Catalogs and Facebooks
- Student Publications
- Student Work
- Theses Collection