← Back to Archives Collections

Philip H. Hiss, 1910-1988, was one of the initial founders of New College of Florida and served on the board of trustees as chairman from 1960 to 1964. He was also involved with Sarasota County's school building program from 1953-1961 as a Board of Public Instruction member and the driving force behind the Sarasota School of Architecture.

The Philip H. Hiss digital collection contains items relating to his work with New College of Florida, including minutes of the New College Executive Committee and Board of Trustees meetings from 1962-1972, correspondence and records from the New College's Conference on Educational Objectives, 1962, other miscellaneous materials relating to New College.

View Archival Finding Aid